Thursday

1. Why are the ‘women’ served up to us such utter meatheads?

Can’t we have at least some good ones in parliament? Count them on one hand.

2. Those argand lamps, yes, been much on my mind:

3. Yes:

4. Have we done this one before? About black holes?

5. If all you know is a hammer, everything looks like a nail:

While I think remote work is the future, I believe that asynchronous communication is an even more important factor in team productivity, whether your team is remote or not.

Asynchronous, eh?  Shan’t comment.

6. ER Joe is quite some blogger – this is another of his:

Take a look at his white power symbol.

5. Dear reader, this might be the last post until evening and not even then – RL intrudes, nothing dire, shall see you whenever – in an hour or tomorrow, who knows?

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

6 comments for “Thursday

1. Timbotoo
    October 17, 2019 at 12:27

1. When the only tool you have is a hammer…
    3. Because Batman doesn’t want to get shot.

2. Andy5759
    October 17, 2019 at 15:36

My toolbox contains two hammers, one of which is my screwdriver.

3. Doonhamer
    October 17, 2019 at 16:45

Whood a thunk it?
    Sir Rowland Hill instigated asynchronous working.
    The time delay also inhibits glib lying answers flying off the tip of the tongue.

4. Old Peculier
    October 17, 2019 at 23:28

Hi James, just letting you know that when you post a twitter link as in Number 1 above, for some strange reason the link appears for a half a second when I open the page and then disappears.

I haven’t had this issue anywhere else yet, but it happens with every such twitter link on this site. It’s a new problem I first noticed 2-3 weeks ago.

I’m not sure if, being in NZ, our inglorious leader has deemed that any tweets
    sanctioned by you are verboten, or if my computer is possessed. 😉

I just wondered if anyone else has been having similar problems. Cheers!

• October 17, 2019 at 23:58

I’d be interested in that too. Latest is at OoL too.

• Old Peculier
        October 18, 2019 at 00:51

Hi James, just went to read latest at Orphans…bugger!!! it’s the same problem there as well.

I’ll consult one of my “techie” friends and see if he’s heard of this happening.
        One possibility has just occurred to me, it could be a glitch with the firefox browser I use. Will let you know when I find out more.

Thanks 🙂