1. Just saw this but it’s behind a paywall at the Telegraph:
A combination of poor performance against an “ambitious budget”, delays in achieving operational efficiencies, underperforming contracts, delays to a property consultancy project and lower-than-planned property utilisation have all contributed to the decline in operating profits.
2. David Platt QC, on Corbyn’s broadband takeover:
Ask any local authority tenant how long government takes to fix a leaky loo in your home (and to what standard) and you have your metric for broadband nationalisation. It is a recipe for technological stasis and total systemic collapse.
3. Meanwhile, the Venetian story continues:
Commenter Edward: ‘Build your city in a salt marsh, expect this sort of thing to happen from time to time.
4. You might differ of course but didn’t think it was so interesting this time:
4. Lastly, if you’re stuck for a Christmas idea:
[H/T Chuckles and haiku]