Sunday

7.  Lashings of butter?

6.  Still don’t wish to be young again …

… or as Agatha Christie put it – always dealing in externals:

5. Climate news

Crisco255 nails it in comments:

Burt Rutan’s environmental credentials are impeccable. Everything he has touched was made to be as efficient as possible. And Burt Rutan doesn’t believe in global warming.

4. Doesn’t work …

… none of the hyped stuff is even invented yet? Gosh,what a surprise:

Should not be allowed out unsupervised:

3.  You’ve been wanting to know about your sidearm

Here tis:

2. Not going to even start …

Defence minister apologises for Catholic military priests who broke confession confidentiality to out gay and lesbian soldiers to military bosses

1. Toasted teacake with lashings of butter

Toasted Teacakes and a Cuppa! Yorkshire Teacakes Recipe

Think I’ve just given way to another addiction. I don’t usually buy butter because of the difficulty in its keeping here but this weekend, I did. Plus teacake [not the one in the picture].

Scrumptious – guess what I’m having for fiveses and elevenses?

You?

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

12 comments for “Sunday

1. Mark in Mayenne
    January 12, 2020 at 06:29

I don’t have tea cakes planned, but I replaced all non-butter substitutes with real buttress some time ago. Mostly on toast, or crumpets, where it oozes out when you bit into it. Luxury.

2. Distant Relative
    January 12, 2020 at 08:48

Hopefully having my lashings of butter on veggies at lunchtime.

3. January 12, 2020 at 08:59

Lash it on, chaps, go to it rightly. Mega-porridge here, with the teacake afters.

4. dearieme
    January 12, 2020 at 13:44

We are a TT&B household.

By the by, I don’t understand why you won’t have a fridge. A little student-size one doesn’t cost much – they seem to start at Amazon at £30 – and would be dead cheap to run.

• January 12, 2020 at 15:15

It’s a dry run for the boat system – when it started, I thought if it worked, it obviated the need for draining electrics on the boat.

Then I realised it was fine as a system anywhere, I was never ill, one learnt which foods could last how long … unfortunately, butter is one of the most perishable, creme fraiche more longlife, sometimes eight days or so in a tub in the water.

• Chuckles
        January 12, 2020 at 15:38

We keep the butter in a closed butter dish on the kitchen counter, all year round, no problems encountered ever.
        Have you moved closer to the equator, or is it simply the gorbal worming in your neighbourhood that you plagued by butter to ghee conversions?

• Distant Relative
        January 12, 2020 at 15:45

unfortunately, butter is one of the most perishable

I have the solution!

Eat it quicker. You are obviously not lashing it on thickly enough.

• January 12, 2020 at 15:51

Or buy smaller, then eating it more quickly, which I’m just about to do.

5. January 12, 2020 at 14:41

1. All butter croissants with extra butter plus strawberry jam. Teacakes with butter and cheese are one of our favourites but this afternoon we had to pop out to Sainsbury’s for more butter as we appear to be running low. Not sure why.

6. Charles
    January 12, 2020 at 17:24

Salted butter doesn’t go bad at room temperature. Always handy for a grilled cheese sandwich or a fresh slice of sour dough bread.

• January 12, 2020 at 18:29

Salted seems the way to go.

Comments are closed.