1. Those who never get flu or cold, such as rosehip sewage farm warriors, plus all women, particularly mothers. This is one of life’s eternal verities.
2. Those who do get it*, especially men. There’s a mathematical formula here – each new putdown, e.g. “this is not going to get any of the work done, is it” results in an extension of the ailment.
Of the second type, there are two types – the traditional ailment and we all know the symptoms, plus this new* virus**.
The new virus is a bit scattered in form – some have the fever, some do not – I’d say the latter is just the common cold, usually a five day event, extended here to nine days or so. It’s not flu because flu lays you out with fever.
I’ve read some accounts, inc. DR’s and DM’s. Perhaps it’s just best to describe mine.
Three states of activity or lack of it
1. In a resting position with a 1/3 raised bed*
2. Up and doing things
3. At a laptop or ipad*
Two ways it attacks
1. Build up of something in the pipe, such that it needs to be retched out. At bad times of the day*, it can be every thirty seconds but can be as long as two minutes between bouts. Not wise to sleep as it makes it worse.
2. The nasty bit and this is the new virus. Imagine a blunt scalpel point or knife tip not piercing the tube but just pushing suddenly at the wall** out of nowhere. This then triggers a bout of N1 here only more violently and for longer.
And that stabbing point has been in exactly the same place since day one, neither* further up nor further down, same intensity, never changes on any day, no nose, ears, stomach – only throat.
N1 is fa**irly regular, every 30 secs to 1.5 min.
N2 can be at any time, even if feeling not bad, up and* doing.
* Excuse me one moment, just retching
** Excuse me, just running for the little room
Need to finish this post because of third** factor.
*** Computer screen radiation wiping me out – two minutes after being on ipad, 15 minutes after being on laptop**, hence I blog on laptop.
Have a lovely lunch*. Hope you stay virus free. Drink rosehip**.