Monday

6. Stats and damned stats

Speaking personally, I don’t buy any of these published stats, esp. Sweden’s. There are too many anomalies to the whole biz and reason to lie. My eye is on the constraints on freedoms, the main game. As Polly said, not doubting there are deaths and it exists but there’s a lot of inclusion – ‘with’ changed to ‘from’.

The real test of belief is action and I still self isolate almost 100%. Perhaps you’re similar.

5.  Plodgate

At least that’s what I’m calling it:

4.  Queen dun well

Apparently the Queen dun well

3.  This the best they can do?

2.  Quickies

Gator roaming, nature reclaiming

A wonder the old druggie is still alive

Songs One, Two, Three

1. Various perspectives

The good doc, via haiku. Then, US only:

Anecdotally, I can only point to collecting meds at hospital/doc and the place was empty.  That does not necessarily mean wards are.

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

Post navigation

22 comments for “Monday

1. Distant Relative
    April 6, 2020 at 08:39

Re your notice to ferret(s?) Here’s one
    on President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief – PEPFAR

2. Distant Relative
    April 6, 2020 at 08:53

Global Fund – seems to be for people with too much money and nefarious activities.

Just searched Corey’s Digs because that is where I first heard about it and all these came up. Doubt if I can better that.

3. Doonhamer
    April 6, 2020 at 08:56

#3. The look of terror when the tele-prompter freezes.
    CGI has come a long way since Max Headroom first graced our screens.
    Only joking. I know it is really Kwier Stammer.

• April 6, 2020 at 09:25

‘That’s exactly what we want you to think.’ [Max]

4. Chuckles
    April 6, 2020 at 09:27

The point of the stats, James,is that they are Euro-wide stats. Your task for today is to show us the spike in overall deaths that one would expect to see if a deadly pandemic that threatened the existence of the human race was gripping the world.

Surely such a danger would be evident in the published numbers, something to differentiate the current ‘crisis’ from ‘nah, just another average year’?

• April 6, 2020 at 09:31

Provided the stats were correct in the first place in order to make that comparison.

• Chuckles
        April 7, 2020 at 09:28

No, we’re not concerned with absolute numbers,merely trends –

Show how the huge spike in illness this year, compared to previous years, justifies the measures currently being implemented.

5. Ripper
    April 6, 2020 at 11:57
  6. Distant Relative
    April 6, 2020 at 14:56
    • Andy5759
      April 7, 2020 at 00:07

I do like that site and that article is very good, believable. Thanks for the link.

7. Doonhamer
    April 6, 2020 at 23:11

#5. Plod #1 has run down and needs to be rewound. Who’s got the key?
    Plod#2 is a romantic softy, serenading the young couple. Aah.
    Plods #3 to 7 doing dad-dancing contest to decide who is the lucky one to be on foot patrol today.

8. April 6, 2020 at 23:33

Cheers all.

9. Doonhamer
    April 6, 2020 at 23:59

And I can’t count
    But then I always knew that I didn’t count.

10. Andy5759
    April 7, 2020 at 00:08

11. April 7, 2020 at 09:51

And again.

12. Bill
    April 7, 2020 at 20:28

Same actor different roles, same shoot.
    Plod #1 Facing left
    Plod#2 Facing away

Plod #1 PCSO blue band on cap cannot see the back of jacket wording.
    Plod#2 COP blue band gone clear shot of POLICE on stab vest.

Do read this old chap, http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/history/biographies/Bechamp-or-Pasteur.pdf