Sunday

6.  Thank goodness for equality and diversity, eh?

Oh yes – and this:

Lucky Sweden – feminazi govt, open borders, open virus.

5.  On the wearing of masks

Forbes even claimed that they INCREASE infection risk. This propaganda was bizarre on multiple levels. First, it violated common sense – even a T-shirt wrapped around your mouth and nose will ward off large droplets – there’s a massive amount of other evidence in favor of masks. Second, the conventional wisdom appears to be that this advice was given for a putative “greater good” – preventing runs on masks …

4.  He doesn’t mean Lorraine

3. N.O.’s advice to Bojo

… to help save the country money – get everyone affected to wear a yellow star.  simple.

2.  Enough of the young wimmin for now?

Here are the boys:

1. Social distancing taken to extremes

“I’m the mayor and chief of police,” he said. “I hold elections every year, but I don’t tell anybody when they are, so it works out really well.”

I could never willingly do as he does, more’s the pity.

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

16 comments for “Sunday

1. Stewart
    April 5, 2020 at 10:46

4. Meanwhile, when Sturgeon said that “we’re all in this together”, she of course meant just the plebs – not Scottish Government employees:

2. Mark in Mayenne
    April 5, 2020 at 10:54

I’m not sure about this antibody test. If you have antibodies to a virus, it means either that you have fought it and won and are therefore no longer infectious, or that you are currently fighting it and are therefore infectious. That’s my understanding anyway, please correct me if I’m wrong.

• April 5, 2020 at 11:53

Stay isolated.

• Chrysalis
      April 5, 2020 at 13:11

As I understand it, theoretically, they test for the presence of two different types of antibodies, IgM and IgG.

The presence of IgM, which develops a few days after infection, means you are likely currently fighting infection. The presence of IgG, which show up approximately 10-14 days later, indicate true immunity.

Thus, it’s assumed if you have the presence of IgG and are asymptomatic, you’ve beaten it/are now immune.

However, these are approximations and not absolutes, as we still aren’t 100% sure when it comes to SARS-CoV2, which is breaking all prior pattern rules – but to be fair, they did say they’re the first tests, not best 😉

For example, there appears to a bit of overlap between the presence of the both types they’re not sure about, which could mean you’re still infectious.

What we’re counting on instead is what we do know – how our bodies respond to infection – or at least we’re in the ballpark range of certainty on that 🙂

Here’s just a quick, cheat-sheet sort description of the different types of immunoglobulins …

Here’s a link to the two types of tests in the U.S. …

Just an FYI, many – Kentucky hospitals being no exception – are trying plasma transfusions to help boost/push along this immunity process – and although patients are improving, they’re not sure if it’s the plasma or the patients just got better.

Hope this helps. Remember, I’m no doctor, I just type for them 🙂

• Ripper
      April 5, 2020 at 14:40

I would tend to agree, though I don’t know enough about it to make comment, I think this was the very thing that the DCMO was talking about when he handed Robert Peston his arse back a few days ago. I might be confused but I gather there are two tests, one to find antibodies and the other which can tell if you currently have the virus. This confuses me because I would think that the presence of antibodies would also indicate the presence of the virus. I’m probably way off the mark, but there does seem to be an awful lot of armchair biotech experts around at the moment. Leg Iron at the underdogs bite upward blog would know for sure.

3. April 5, 2020 at 14:43

Meanwhile we stay in isolation.

4. Chrysalis
    April 5, 2020 at 16:50

Sorry, retrying this comment because of a typo and an important addition (I type fast and go)-

Yes, two different tests, – one for presence of, the other for body immunologic response to – and I agree, people are getting them confused – and there are more types in the works to make things even more confusing 🙂

Again, I’m not doctor, I just type what comes out of their mouths lol – but if I understand correctly, the tests we already had were just testing for presence of the virus in mucosal linings – not immunologic response to the virus.

At present, they’re just a swab, looking for the presence of the antigen itself, its viral RNA (although there are some rapid finger-prick blood tests apparently in the works).

The antibodies/immunologic tests are usually blood tests, focused on our bodies’ immunologic response to the virus, our antibodies TO the antigen, the viral RNA.

Here’s a site that explains it better than I am doing lol:

But yes, you are are correct – two different tests and people are confused.

The new tests are blood and therefore better determinants of the presence of both the virus and the antibodies to the virus (and that’s why everyone’s excited about it 🙂

IMO, focusing on how to reproduce immunologic response in others is our quickest, best shot. Because we currently don’t have any “cures” for viruses except hepatitis C. We have some anti-virals to reduce the viral load (HIV), but no cures except for hepatitis C (that I know of).

(Antibiotics, of course, are useless against viruses unless secondary bacterial infections develop.)

5. Bill
    April 5, 2020 at 19:07

Comment from a forum I frequent. May be of interest to some.

I may have missed any threads that mentioned this, but does anyone here know of anyone who actually has this virus? I’ve worked for the NHS for 10 years. Eight ‘up North’, two in Cornwall and one in Hampshire. My husband’s a teacher and he’s the reason we moved around the country. Neither of us has heard of anyone who has it or has had it and we’re still in contact with friends from around the country (I am still in contact with lots of nurses/HCAs/admin up and down the country).

I start my new job in the morning (Midlands) so should hear pretty quickly if anyone at the new place has heard of anyone who has it.

Cheers and best wishes in this bonkers time.

6. Distant Relative
    April 5, 2020 at 19:20

“Citizen reporters go out and do what the media won’t! (empty hospitals)”

7. Distant Relative
    April 5, 2020 at 19:55

“Mysterious Case of Canadian Billionaires, & The Analysis Corporation & Headlines”

Starts 3 min 40 in
    Connects to HRC/Gates current situ. Includes Ted Cruz outing China/Wuhan and other “hmmm” stuff – John Brennan’s links to TAC. Less than 20 mins total.

8. Distant Relative
    April 5, 2020 at 20:23

Corey Lynn of Corey’s Digs (see various links to her detailed reports on “Pizzagate” post) podcast with Redpill78, with the goods on Cv and Gates Foundation/UN/WHO

starts 4.40 in

9. April 5, 2020 at 23:22

Bill and DR – certainly anomalies in this biz. Just woke, shall follow through.