The project

Nope, not the boat, the ipad cover repair. [Apart from the main topic here, wonder what else you’ll notice.]

Notice the Cv gloves.  Delighted to find a near full box of em.

OK, it went off fine, no spillage, clean join, slight pressure.  Did various things about the place, let it stand an hour.

Ipad in after brek, lay on bed, dropped off, ipad fell on floor at the exact point of the join, rest you can guess.

Expletives, decidedly unChristian language, then WTF.  Need to buy a new one.

This looks nice, although I’m not Taurus.

Mine’s 128Gb

Reports please, on your isolation projects.  In detail. 🙂

15 comments for “The project

1. April 6, 2020 at 10:49

New bolts on bathroom doors, reseal woodburner flue, clean woodburner as it has never been cleaned before, experiment with new cookery recipes, revisit laptop backup, tidy wood store properly, sort out shed door, buy another load of logs, a spot of interior painting and maybe some outside painting later, persuade Mrs H to cut my hair.

Surprising what gets done when we can’t go out for a coffee or a walk.

2. Distant Relative
    April 6, 2020 at 11:09

Don’t understand these new-fangled gadgets or why they need covers. Are they not strong enough to make it in the world without them? 🙂

Projects… hmm…

Started decluttering forgotten areas of the home but then realised we couldn’t redistribute the clutter as tip and charity shop are closed. So one area is clutter free and another is newly cluttered. Garden is nearly tidied up. Can’t get rid of clippings because tip is closed. Can’t burn them as bonfires are verboten. Can’t leave them as it too is verboten – fire hazard.

Meanwhile the galley slaves have been active creating new delicacies. Chicken liver mousse and homemade crackers. Life will go on….. 🙂

• April 6, 2020 at 11:20

Ham, cheese and tom toasties here, on sliced bap.

Difficult in yard, I’ve some burning to do but can’t.

As for ipad, no it can’t, needs protection – glass side plus overall thinness needs bendy protection. Most useful item, on it now, just needs looking after.

3. Twisted Root
    April 6, 2020 at 11:55

Had only just finished my winter project when lockdown arrived. Strip, fill paint all interior doors and replace architrave, door furniture; handles, latches, hinges – the lot. Never thought I would spend a morning soaking curtain hooks in white vinegar.

• April 6, 2020 at 12:41

Stripping to do the painting. Risque.

• Twisted Root
        April 6, 2020 at 14:14

Well it was the interior doors at least.

4. dearieme
    April 6, 2020 at 12:34

End of tax year moneyfaffing. Today, start of tax year moneyfaffing.

I can’t do many things I’d like to because of my back, guv.

5. Bob H
    April 6, 2020 at 13:56

I had serious doubts for a moment James.
    Reading that label next the rubber gloves looks like it said 100% Breast Filler.

Methinks, what has James been up to?

6. Doonhamer
    April 6, 2020 at 15:28

Put cap on glue. You might need it again.
    I like annoying posers by calling any high-tech stick-it-together stuff “glue”. And I was a proper engineer.
    Like “funding” is “money” or even “dosh”. Usually when people talk about “funding” they mean other people’s “dosh” as they dish it out ever so generously.

• April 6, 2020 at 18:37

At the point of the photo, I’d not opened the tube yet.

7. Ripper