Thursday

6.  They’re looking for ways

5.  Always thought

… ladies were adept at that sort of thing:

4.  My concept of full English brek

You this morning?

3.  Virus mutating?

Rossa’s mother is not amused by those two arch detractors, so sends this along:

I’d like to know where the decriers get their evidence from anyway – could we see it please?

2.  Cap gun memories

I’m not going to say one word about where my fingers would be on that gun.

1. Think BRM is gently suggesting South Africa

… might be wrong:

Having worked in the Third World (specifically sub-Saharan Africa) for many years, I’ve been expecting an uptick in human predation on the environment, due to many people being thrown out of work by the coronavirus pandemic and becoming desperate to survive. It looks like that’s already happening worldwide.

How can we say this to dear Peter but quoting the BBC in an approving way is something, let’s say, ab bit iffy over here. 🙂

[H/T Chuckles and haiku]

21 comments for “Thursday

1. May 21, 2020 at 11:19

Did another switcheroo before anyone commented – didn’t particularly want to be looking at my breakfast upfront all day.

2. May 21, 2020 at 12:06

Ah cap guns – I still remember the smell of them. My diecast cowboy gun always jammed but a cheap tinplate gun worked every time. Used up a roll of caps in no time.

3. Distant Relative
    May 21, 2020 at 14:05

3. It’s what they do innit? It’ll be Cv 20 and five-twelfths.

Anyhoo, medical journals are not what they once were, if ever they were.

2. I had a cap gun bequeathed to me by my uncle. It was a six-shooter. Was fiddly to load the caps as I recall.

4. Breks this a,m, was several rashers of streaky, two eggs and fried toms. Very nice it was too.

• May 21, 2020 at 14:51

AKH and DR: yes, fond memories.

4. dearieme
    May 21, 2020 at 14:20

Brekkers: eight almonds, a glass of clementine juice, and half a banana.

Lunch has been two oatcakes with Isle of Mull Cheddar and two bikkies with Beenleigh Blue, followed by a pear.

Dinner will feature asparagus, ham, stuffed eggs, and Jersey Royals. probably ice cream afterwards or maybe an apple. Or perhaps no dessert at all if I feel full.

Why do you care, Hob?

5. dearieme
    May 21, 2020 at 14:27

I forgot: probably radishes too at dinner.

• May 21, 2020 at 14:52

“eight almonds, a glass of clementine juice, and half a banana”

You’re going to waste away at that rate.

6. Chuckles
    May 21, 2020 at 14:46

Standard operating procedure, when they run out of things to use to frighten people, they claim normal behaviour is novel and frightening.

Viruses mutate all the time.
    What would really be novel, is if it didn’t.

• May 21, 2020 at 14:54

Frighten za little kiddies.

7. May 21, 2020 at 15:00

4. Brek: Queso menonita omelette with ham and spinach, scrapple, cafe Bustelo con leche.

2. Had an almost identical cap gun, along with the de rigueur cowboy hat and sheriff badge. Plus the inevitable burnt fingertips.

• May 21, 2020 at 16:12

You’re up late. Oh, was forgetting, 5 hour difference.

Thought you might have something like that for brek, my outfit was Lone Ranger.

• Ripper
        May 21, 2020 at 18:24

You had a Lone Ranger outfit?? Gosh, I had to take off my jumper and be the Indian.

• Chuckles
          May 21, 2020 at 18:36

Should have gone to a loan arranger?

• Andy5759
            May 22, 2020 at 00:23

Boom boom!

• May 22, 2020 at 08:23

Breakfasts will be rather predictable until my next scheduled Regeneration.

8. May 21, 2020 at 19:53

Yep, with the tassle thingies on the shirt. Nope, that was Tonto. I was never the injun, just the masked one.

9. Doonhamer
    May 21, 2020 at 21:32

Recalls the Peter Willey and Michael Holding statement by Johnners.

• May 21, 2020 at 21:53

That’s a few years ago now.

10. May 22, 2020 at 13:22

The Lone Ranger and his trusty injun friend Tonto were surrounded by Indians one day. The battle ranged. The noise of their adversary’s whoops and cries were interspersed with the sound of LR’s six shooters….. until he was down to his last silver bullet.

“Looks like we are done for, old friend”, said Lone (as he was called). Totally out-numbered and out-gunned, Tonto regarded their plight.

“What you mean ‘we’ white eyes”.

Comments are closed.