Last evening saw some refined voices of purity and that’s well and fine. I’d contend though that sometimes there is a case for just plain rough and immediately, Louis Armstrong springs to mind. There’s a Russian with a similar voice in this category.
What follows here are singers or groups which were just plain rough but one couldn’t imagine them any other way:
You just have to cringe at the way the band is hidden away and some studio idea of hip youngsters dominates the whole picture. Isn’t that tall girl in the foreground something else? And those costumes!
Please be warned that there is a sting in the tail of this post.
Were you aware that today has been declared The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women?
A victim of gender violence, Aaisha is unaware of the 16 days every year marked to condemn violence against women. “What is the point of celebrating such days,” she asks. “Observing such days might help get certain people’s attention but I don’t know how it can serve those who really are the victims of violence,” she added.
This is not the situation of a young western woman dressing lasciviously and walking into a dangerous situation with a lot of drunken ASBOs with porn on the brain and no constraints on their behaviour, the yob culture and then she still expects to be somehow safe in this PC society which has removed from women all traditional protection and then she is absolutely shocked and horrified when she’s not protected. How could she be? By appealing to their gentlemanliness? Or did she think she could tame the bad boy in them by dint of her own charm?
This is not one of those situations.
This is not the situation of a woman nagging, nagging, nagging, nagging, nagging, nagging, nagging, nagging, trying to change the bad boy into being a good boy to her but a bad boy to everyone else. When will women finally realize that they can’t change a man into the image of what they want men to be? They’ve tried the SNAGs, they’ve tried the Metrosexuals. What comes next?
This is not one of those situations.
This is not the situation of western women refusing to take even 0.001% of the blame for the violence they encounter and the utter disrespect in so much of the western male attitude towards women, this stemming from many factors – porn and the destructiveness and hypocrisy of feminism being two of them.
This is not one of those situations.
No, this is a situation of true violence, where the wife is beaten as a matter of course to keep her on the straight and narrow and where men can have harems but women are stoned for having multiple partners.
This is where the woman grows up with no protection and has no laws to help her. This is the world of Bangladesh, India, the whole of the Arab world, South-East Asia and in fact all over the world.
Will it be stopped by an International Day? Well, let’s say it doesn’t hurt to have one but as Aaisha said above – it’s not particularly effective for her personally.
Look, the only real way is to have a moral and spiritual code deeply ingrained in the society which frowns on any violence against a woman and where that man is seen as a cad by other men. The greatest curb on a man’s activities is to know other men don’t respect him and I’m sorry to say this but the more women go on about it, the less men listen – those sorts of men who are violent, I mean.
There was such a code – the Judaeo-Christian code and let’s be more specific – the Christian code. It certainly didn’t stop violence and there was a lot inherent in the secular social system but Christianity is most insistent that women are treated well, revered and respected, as well as children and parents.
We’ve chosen to throw all that out for a society of child sex, drugs and violence and here is the result. Look around you – well done humanists and atheists – enjoy your gory bed.
Meanwhile, women are being badly mistreated and under the old values, where men were men and women were ladies, such a thing is intolerable. It has to stop.
Well, firstly, get back to the Christian heritage we had even three decades ago. Forget all this humanistic claptrap about going our own way and making a brave new world – let’s get back to the Sermon on the Mount and then we can afford our girls and women protection.
That’s the first step because there is no other code in existence which will protect women.
Second – take back education, roll back all the Marxism in the rewritten texts, pull out old hidden copies of PC proscribed texts which were for the bonfire if the PCists had found them – put these back on the shelves and clear the feminist tomes away into the back room.
Now we’re moving along.
Bring back the traditional subjects and get education back to the liberal arts tradition [and this does not mean the hijacked usage of the term in America]. Reintroduce the concept of excellence and the need to study for it.
Cut tuition fees and put it on our tax bill for now until the whole tax mess is resolved. Each jettisoning of another pointless Labour tax can partly go towards subsidizing these lowered tuition fees and progressively lowering our overall per capita tax.
Start putting proper educators back into teacher training facilities and in the Ministry which oversees education [while it still does]. Instead of teaching children to masturbate, which is the latest inane governmental recommendation, throw these dead-heads out who suggest these things and get some traditional educators back in schools.
Forget all this mentoring rubbish and concentrate on parent support policies, with the emphasis on family resolution of matters involving children.
That’s enough to be going on with. The result of just these measures will be enough, within one generation, to see most of the ills disappear.
It’s never going to alter though while we insist on living with a false paradigm and no moral code.
Here’s a video of a bike rider going up it.
1. Mauna Kea, like neighboring Mauna Loa, is a shield volcano, characterized by lava pouring out layer upon layer for millions of years without an explosion. In contrast, a volcano like Mt. St. Helens is known as a composite volcano which violently explodes during eruption. The most recent Mauna Kea eruption was about 3,500 years ago so it’s now considered a dormant volcano, but it will, apparently, erupt again someday.
2. Mauna Loa, on the other hand, is active and last erupted in 1984. The Hawaiian name mauna kea means “white mountain”, a reference to the fact that it is regularly snow- or frost- capped during the northern hemisphere winter. The mountain including the summit was originally part of the legendary Parker Ranch — the largest privately owned ranch in the U.S. Today, the summit hosts a herd of observatories.
3. The Mauna Kea Observatories [aerial-photos] make up the world’s largest and most sophisticated facility for studying optical, infrared and submillimeter astronomy. Among the billion dollars worth of internationally owned and operated observatories is where we parked and hiked around admiring the incredible scenery. It’s not surprising that astronauts train here practicing lunar landings. With so much invested, scientists have obviously done a good job convincing their governments that the volcano is not going to erupt again anytime soon.
4. The whole world wants a piece of the action because the summit is above approximately 40% of Earth’s atmosphere and 90% of the water vapor, allowing for exceptionally clear images. Believe me, the clarity is very discernible to the naked eye. The combination of vivid colors, out-of-world scenery and clarity is simply shocking.
5. [From Wiki]: The peak of Mauna Kea is 13,803 feet (4,207 m) above mean sea level but 33,476 feet (10,203 m) above its base on the floor of the Pacific Ocean. It is the world’s tallest mountain by this measure, taller than Mount Everest, which is the highest mountain above sea level.
Well, predictably, I’ve been hacked and can neither sign in to the Albion Alliance site [which is still up] nor to the forum. When they can’t answer the political questions, they prefer to go for the dirty tricks.
It’s all a bit pointless really because we just rest everything from scratch [20 minutes], issue new passwords and permissions and away we go. What do they hope to achieve? If the site goes down, we set up a new one.
We’re not to be dissuaded in this task but we need to be aware of underhanded tactics by those who don’t put out country first. There is a lot being played for and there are even those on our side of politics who would not want Albion Alliance to succeed.
UPDATE: I’m back into the site but not the forum. Working on it.
Meanwhile, we’ve seen the necessity to get the message both updated and reflecting what we want to say in under 300 words – 300 words being the comment limit at many sites. With that in mind, we’ve run the following past a few people and honed it.
It’s not necessarily the final document but this is what we have so far:
The key policy statement that the economy must be tackled first and that a referendum be discussed only 18 months after the general election, is fundamentally wrong and unacceptable.
1. There must be a referendum on EU membership within one year of a new parliament, including the option of total withdrawal or a trading agreement, in order to “clear the decks”;
2. Given a No vote, then all laws inimical to Britain, both EU and homegrown need to be reviewed and repealed and a fundamental overhaul of all sectors of society needs to be undertaken.
Many of our political leaders are ignoring and even blocking this. The response that it would be electoral suicide to offer the people a voice just doesn’t hold water. It would be suicide not to do so because opinion polls say that we want it. Albion Alliance is also contacting all candidates for the next general election and asking them to commit to this principle:
I pledge to work tirelessly to give the voters of my constituency a democratic and direct voice in the United Kingdom’s continued relationship with the EU, to support any motion for a referendum on that continued relationship, and to vote positively for any Private Members Bill that may call for such a referendum, written in clear concise terms, irrespective of Party Whip and to promote the same, with a view to the successful outcome of this pledge within one year of a new Parliament or sooner.
We are publishing all responses when received – yea or nay – and preparing lists of which candidates said what, to be publicized around the UK prior to the general election.
The people want their voices heard. You can help us by signing at: