Lights go out across Europe

xnzI1994926

With an inevitability, in a slow downwards spiral, we are finally at that point when the lights are about to go out across Europe, heralding in a new 1930s with a twist.

Mr Klaus said: “The train carrying the treaty is going so fast and it’s so far that it can’t be stopped or returned, no matter how much some of us would want that.”

Back in September 2004, EU Serf opened a blog on the evils of the EU Superstate and how we’re heading for a new feudalism, a new serfdom:

In the absence of any real arguments in favour of a European super state, most of its supporters fall back on the question of inevitability. As it is going to happen anyway, why fight against it? Aside from the fact that the same argument could have been used in the context of the Nazi invasions or any number of other horrible historic events, what is it about the EU that makes it so inevitable?

There are some good arguments for trading with Europe, there are even arguments for being part of a European Economic Zone.  There are no good arguments for a European Union unless you consider the enslavement of its peoples and the ushering in of a totalitarian state a good thing.

The words written on this by bloggers and other pundits must now be getting into the millions.

Sadly, people just did not recognize the reality and fell for the lure of promised lucre.  One can’t expect them to have a sense of history or to have read Churchill:

It played a definitely recognizable role in the tragedy of the French Revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the nineteenth century, and now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their heads, and have become practically the undisputed masters of that enormous empire.

This underworld from the great cities alluded to by Churchill, by Wilson, by Jenner, by Quigley and so many others, is Them. They are the driving force and so it’s sad to read otherwise intelligent friends saying things like, “There is no “Them” James. It’s “Us.”

If you would like a crash course in how people are manipulated, observe Irish Lisbon 2.  One can blame the common man for his ambition, naivety, greed and penchant for anything new and different, one can blame the common man, quite rightly, for Eurostate and for all the other stupid things he’s allowed to happen.

But this does not diminish, in any way, the role of Churchill’s “underworld” i ntaking advantage of it.  If I take candy from a baby, is it the baby’s fault?

It seems it’s denial day today. To the august blogger who said there is no pensions crisis, this from the Telegraph:

The gulf between private sector pensions and the final salary schemes commonly enjoyed by public sector workers has reached record levels. But the chances of a worker in the private sector ever securing a generous final salary pension were fast diminishing, with nearly all employers now concluding that these schemes, which guaranteed the pension sum, were no longer sustainable.

The proportion of workers covered by a private sector final salary scheme nearly halved from 23 per cent of the workforce in 1988 to 12 per cent in 2003 as companies closed schemes. However, despite repeated government pledges to improve the affordability of pension arrangements, the majority of public sector schemes are still final salary.

A report from the accountants PricewaterhouseCoopers found that 96 per cent of companies considered final salary schemes to be “unsustainable”.

And so on. Looks mighty like a crisis to me or perhaps different people have different definitions of crisis.

Either way, it will be interesting to watch Europhiles making out that there is no crisis with the Eurosuperstate now ready to be signed into power.

See you the other side of the new dark age.

13 comments for “Lights go out across Europe

1. xlibrl
    October 17, 2009 at 17:25

Tocqueville on inevitability–

I can see two ideas which are as incompatible as they are disastrous. Some people can see in equality only the anarchical tendencies which it engenders. They are frightened by their freedom of choice and are frightened of themselves.
    Others, fewer in number but more enlightened, maintain a different viewpoint. Alongside the road which starts with equality and leads to anarchy, they have at last discovered the path which seems to lead men to inevitable enslavement. They incline their souls in advance to this unavoidable slavery and, prepared to worship in their hearts the master who is bound to make an imminent appearance.
    The former give up freedom because they regard it as dangerous; the latter because they judge it to be impossible.
    Let us look to the future with that precautionary fear which keeps men ready to fight rather than with that feeble and indolent terror which depresses and weakens men’s hearts.

2. October 17, 2009 at 17:58

Tocqueville to the rescue, Xlibrl.

3. October 17, 2009 at 22:00

At the risk of being shot down in flames, there are plenty of merits in being in the EU – among them a chance of peace.

4. October 17, 2009 at 23:28

It’s actually war they have in mind. The EU army has already seen action*. It’s not a case of being shot down in flames, it’s a case of keeping up with developments. There are many bloggers who have written reams, crammed with facts and figures, which can’t be dismissed quite so easily. If the situation weren’t so dire, Welshcakes, do you think there would be the widespread fuss there is?

Look at the level of corruption. What do you say to the auditors who’ve refused to sign off the accounts for fourteen years? What do you say about policy being made in camera and then merely presented for rubber stamping? What do you say to a second referendum? Would you trust your “peace” to people such as this?

*A European Union battlegroup (EUBG) is a military force consisting of at least 1500 combat soldiers. Fifteen battlegroups have been established, most of which consisting of multi-national contributions. The groups rotate actively, so that two are ready for deployment at all times. The forces are under the direct control of a unanimous European Council (heads of state of member states) of the European Union (EU).

Welshcakes, I’d be very interested to know what you make of this?

5. October 17, 2009 at 23:54

Just for the record I don’t believe in the EU. I understand the original thought (nice thought) it can never work.

The other collectives have proved it doesn’t work in practice!

and so history repeats itself…

6. October 18, 2009 at 00:04

Dear James, I think you worry too much and greatly overstate. Feudalism? Serfdom? We do still have elections in all nations of the EU don’t we? We can all still vote for anti-EU parties if we want to, can’t we? We just don’t want to. I do read your many thoughts on this issue, but they don’t persuade me, although I agree the corruption and accounts are a mess, but life was ever thus. When they start cancelling elections I’ll pick up my arms and stand contritely by your side. Until then, frankly, I’d rather have the EU ruling over me than most of the Governments the UK has had in my 54 years (probably than all of them, actually, come to think of it), or is likely to have soon. And that is my choice, which I hope you don’t suggest should be taken away from me.

7. October 18, 2009 at 12:01

James do you see any links between Biblical prophecy and the unfolding of the EU and eventual world super states?

• October 18, 2009 at 12:22

I’m very wary about that. If I said yes, then I immediately become a religious nutter and that’s the last thing I want to be. If I said no, then I’m ignoring what has been said for centuries. I see parallels for sure but against that, people have been doing that since Napoleon and earlier. If we want to get scriptural, JC said you’ll know when Jerusalem is beset round and there are a lot of eschatological references, not least in Revelations. The trouble with Revelations, as distinct from the gospels, is that it is one man’s writing on which a lot of people are basing an endtime scenario, even if it is paralleled in Islam. It’s maybe safer to combine that with Isaiah and Daniel and not to force the prophecy unless it is pretty clear.

Maybe the best thing to say is that I don’t see any current conditions which point to anything other than endtimes. The falling away of the children is one of the worst aspects and the move to totalitarianism across the world, inc. the U.S., fits in with something else I have here – the transcript of one of Them who turned her back on Them, as I’ve done, on how it will go down. She said it in 1999/2000 and nothing she said then has been shown to be wrong yet.

We can then go to 1984 and there are parallels for sure. To wind up, if it didn’t happen, it’s because it didn’t happen a thousand times before and good stuff. If it is the end, then the warning signs are all about. Getting our own house in order becomes the priority then.

8. October 18, 2009 at 18:00

Now that’s what I call an answer…..too in depth to be shrugged of as a diplomatic reply to a contentious question. I am impressed.

9. October 18, 2009 at 21:31

“Personally I thing we may be in the end times…for no reason other than intuition.”

There’s plenty of evidence to support your ‘gut’ reaction.

James said…
    “… I don’t see any current conditions which point to anything other than endtimes.”
    Absolutely… bloody bang on.

10. October 19, 2009 at 21:46

End of times? My goodness chaps, what would you have been like around the start of World War II? I reckon Churchill would’ve been very disappointed in you and given you a good talking to. “Show some backbone lads! Chin up!” I do reckon people will still be around living and loving and messing everything up long, long, long after you Glums have gone. Apparently “Things can only get better”, I seem to recall Messiah Blair assuring me. I think what you’re feeling may be a consequence of ageing rather than rational analysis. I feel the hand of the end of MY times on my shoulder, but that’s all.

11. October 23, 2009 at 07:31

Hello from Russia!
    Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you?

Comments are closed.