Three most annoying things on the net

ak47

1.  Those photos with a word plastered across them and an invitation to buy them.  I’ll never go anywhere near your photos nor would I ever fork out for one.  Nor would I ever have stolen one.

2.  Embedding disabled in youtube when you can click two videos down and see exactly the same thing with embedding enabled.  What do they think they’re achieving?

3.  Googling a topic, only to work your way through the first two pages and all you ever get is a book promos or paragraphs with “read more with free trial”.  Since when is info on the net subject to money?

Could you add to the list?

9 comments for “Three most annoying things on the net

1. October 16, 2009 at 15:59

Comments on blogs saying come and look at my site- you click on the link only to find that the comment on a post on Cromwellian history is a link to a gambling website!

Despite the fact that it takes a second to delete I really resent those lost seconds.

2. October 16, 2009 at 15:59

Incidentally even if its a relevant site I delete it- unless there is an actual comment in there- but its slightly less annoying than with an irrelevant site.

3. QM
    October 16, 2009 at 16:41

Having to register on a site to view products/comments and being hit by a hail of spam afterwards.

4. October 16, 2009 at 17:20

Tiberius – yes indeed and I have a commenter who’s doing that at the moment – not sticking to the subject but making a big deal about being published.

Quiet Man – there are two fellow bloggers who are doing that right now. You have to go through a registration procedure and when you get there, it either doesn’t work, requiring you to re-register each time or else it doesn’t let you in and says you have the wrong password.

5. October 16, 2009 at 19:12

Those inoffensive comments with dubious links. The spam catcher doesn’t pick up on those because they look as if they are proper comments.

6. October 16, 2009 at 19:50

I agree with the previous comments; people spamming for themselves or a company are obnoxious, and should be treated like vermin.
    Nice picture of the AK, by the way; I haven’t shot one of those in a long time.

7. October 16, 2009 at 23:04

They are merely annoying. The really annoying things on the net are The UK government, the US government and the EU. The rest is insignificant.

8. October 17, 2009 at 12:09

The Telegraph has 50 today. Some obvious. Others not so. I hate fake links and anti spam word identification.

• October 18, 2009 at 16:59

Thanks for those. Yes, I saw the Telegraph one but swear mine preceded it or at least i wasn’t aware they’d done it.

Comments are closed.